Company ID card
- Company: WeWork
- Industry: Real estate - provision of flexible work space and services
- WeMaintain customer since: October 2019
- Number of sites entrusted to WeMaintain: 15
- Number of lifts entrusted to WeMaintain: 88 (all of WeWork's facilities in the Paris region)
- Key figures: 1 day - to repair a lift that has been out of service for more than 2 months (former maintainer)
- Key advantages of WeMaintain: quality, availability of engineers and the WeMaintain team, transparency and visibility.
WeWork was founded in 2010 with the vision to create environments where people and companies come together and do their best work. Since opening our first location in New York City, we’ve grown into a global flexible space provider committed to delivering technology-driven flexible solutions, inspiring spaces, and unmatched community experiences. Today, we’re constantly reimagining how the workplace can help everyone, from freelancers to Fortune 500s, be more motivated, productive, and connected.
WeWork & WeMaintain
We recently opened a new WeWork location at 104 boulevard Haussmann, in the heart of Paris.
From the beginning, it has been ingrained in WeWork's DNA and our core promise to provide our clients with high quality services. Therefore, before any new opening, we carry out renovation and modernisation work in the building to create the WeWork experience.
What were the challenges on your project?
At this establishment, we had high stakes on the lifts, particularly because none of them went down to the car park. In their current state, they did not allow members to completely move around the building, which meant that the expected high traffic levels would be difficult to manage.
So we launched a consultation for the modernisation of 6 machines and the complete replacement of the other 2 with a complex specification:
- The creation of two new lifts in the new WeWork hall. There were no lifts going down to the car park and none in the right place to allow this. A suitable location had to be found and a new shaft built to accommodate the two future lifts to the car park
- The replacement of two machines on two MRL lifts, with a very limited space at the top of the shaft
- Part modernisation of electrical parts and also car door operators on 6 lifts
We added two conditions to these specifications:
- The work had to be carried out within 6 months, to align with the timing of the opening of the new establishment
- The selected company had to keep the lifts running throughout the construction period to allow the other companies to proceed with their work
Why did you choose WeMaintain?
WeMaintain's response to the consultation was very convincing on several levels: quality of the equipment proposed (controller and cabin door by Wittur, Ziehl Abeg gearless motor, Vega signage), organisation of the work, price and finally, technical skills. The company offered an excellent quality/price ratio, which is why we chose to entrust them with the work.
What were the results of the work?
WeMaintain performed excellently on this particularly complex and specific work, and kept the operations within the tight deadline. During the works, the lifts were always functional and the teams were very reactive and on standby in case of any problems. This ensured that the work progressed swiftly as a whole. The engineers and technical experts were very focused on the task at hand and readily available. Now, the lifts are perfectly renovated and work very well. In particular, we would like to applaud the creation of the two lifts that now go down to the building's car park, a technical challenge that was brilliantly met by WeMaintain and the teams.
What did you appreciate in particular?
The responsiveness, reliability and great technical expertise of all the teams.
Won over by WeMaintain's model and reliability, we have now entrusted them with the maintenance of our entire property portfolio in the Paris region from the beginning of 2021.