At WeMaintain, we take our responsibility to the planet and society seriously. We have committed to several ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance) initiatives to ensure we do our part to create a more sustainable and equitable world.
1. Meeting high standards of social and environmental performance, transparency, and accountability by being B Corp certified:
We joined the B Corp global community in 2022 as a certified company that meets the highest verified social and environmental impact standards. We scored 82.9, well above the median score for ordinary businesses, and are committed to continuously improving our performance across all impact areas. The B Corp certification evaluates a company's impact on workers, community, environment, and customers, as well as best practices regarding governance. WeMaintain decided to pursue this certification to demonstrate its commitment to high standards, transparency and ongoing efforts to meet them. Read more about B Corp certification.
2. Setting ambitious science-based emissions reduction targets with STBi pledge:
We are officially committed to setting Science Based Targets by submitting a pledge to the Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi). The SBTi provides a clearly-defined pathway for companies to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions in line with the Paris Agreement goals. WeMaintain will develop an emissions reduction target in line with the SBTi's criteria, reporting company-wide emissions and tracking their target's progress annually. Read more about the STBi pledge.
3. Adopting sustainable and socially responsible policies by committing to United Nations' UN Global Compact principles-based framework:
WeMaintain has become a signatory company of the United Nations Global Compact, the world's largest corporate sustainability initiative. Signatory companies are expected to adhere to ten universal human rights, labour, the environment, and anti-corruption. As a signatory company, WeMaintain is committed to upholding these principles in its operations and reporting on its progress towards achieving them. Read more about UN Global Compact.
4. Acting now to achieve a climate-neutral world by 2050 with the UN Climate Neutral Now initiative:
WeMaintain signed the UN Climate Neutral Now pledge, which encourages and supports organisations to act now in order to achieve a climate-neutral world by 2050, as enshrined in the Paris Agreement. It is not a certification scheme but rather a tool to promote additional voluntary action on climate and to provide recognition for it. WeMaintain follows the three steps (Measure, Reduce, Contribute) and annually reports on its actions and achievements. Read more about UN Climate Neutral Now.
5. Adopting the mission-driven company's strong framework leading the change:
In December 2020, WeMaintain became an Entreprise à mission, a French legal framework in which businesses pursue their social and environmental mission with specific sustainability goals. To ensure initiatives towards the mission are implemented and result in concrete improvements on the mission objectives and KPIs, WeMaintain formed a steering committee composed of one investor, client, engineer, and employee. Read more about mission-driven companies.
6. Committing to more equality in the real estate industry with the Charter of Parity:
We signed and engaged with Charte de la Parité, demonstrating our commitment to promoting gender equality in real estate. We strongly believe that diversity and inclusion are key drivers of business success. As such, we strive to ensure that women are well represented at all levels of our organisation, including in leadership positions. Through regular assessments of our progress and efforts to overcome obstacles, we remain dedicated to advancing gender equality within our company and throughout the industry. Read more about the Charter of Parity.
Check out these articles to learn more about WeMaintain's ESG commitments, initiatives and thoughts on the topic within the industry:
- ESG at WeMaintain: results, strategy & actions
- Our B Corp certification and what this means for WeMaintain
- Smart Buildings: how can they support the challenges of the energy transition
- The Climate Fresk: an internal initiative to raise awareness of climate issues
- On the road to Net Zero: lessons learned from our first carbon audit
- Press article: WeMaintain achieve B Corp status