The lift is one of the most sensitive and complex systems in a building. The slightest technical problem can lead to long periods of downtime, impacting the well-being of occupants and wasting (a lot of) time for the Facilities Manager. To avoid problems and ensure that your lift system always operates efficiently, you need to fulfil a number of obligations and follow some best practices! Here is a recap in pictures:
Challenges faced by a Facilities Manager in ensuring lifts are maintained effectively
Got a problem with a lift? This responsibility often falls on the shoulders of the Facilities Manager. To avoid bringing the building to a standstill, you need to be able to act quickly! Having simplified and high-quality lift maintenance means you can:
- Have 67% fewer breakdowns.
- Save time, allowing you to focus on other priorities.
- Anticipate potential problems and gain time by acting quickly.
- Improve the occupant’s level of satisfaction and well-being.
A reminder of your obligations and best practices
Well-oiled lift maintenance is also a question of timing. You need to fulfil certain obligations based on a set schedule:
- As a first step, conduct a safety review.
- Then, every 6 months, check the overall operation of the system, the landing doors and the condition of the cables.
- Once a year, check the parachutes, clean the installation pit, the cabin roof and the machine room, and clean and lubricate the parts.
Our advice to help you further
To ensure that your equipment runs smoothly and efficiently in the long term, here are some best practices to follow:
- Record the number of trips to be able to track the amount of energy used.
- Be on the lookout for any defects to ensure that you can respond quickly and carry out any preventive maintenance required.
- Track the number of people using the lift to maximise the flow of people and enhance the occupant’s experience.
- Use this data to establish an investment plan.
To fulfil all your obligations and ensure your lifts are maintained effectively, we recommend enlisting the experts. With WeMaintain, you avoid having to deal with any problems yourself thanks to a simplified maintenance service with proactive notifications. We will listen carefully to your requirements and provide tailor-made support at every stage.